Friday, June 26, 2009

"You're Just Another Part of Me"

Alright so I haven’t blogged in a while, this is because I felt like I did not want to share what has been going on in my life as well as in my thoughts lately, it’s a bit weird being as private as I am and having a blog, but hopefully this helps me break out of my shell. So like I was saying I was not going to blog but in light of recent event I felt it necessary to show my respects to one of the hugest influences in my life.

As all of you know, and if you don’t you’ve been living under a rock, the King of Pop, Michael Jackson had passed away. Not to compare the loss of Michael to the tragic events of 9/11 but to me they remain similar in the fact that I will remember exactly where I was when I heard the news. When I discovered Michael passed I was in total shock, I just couldn’t believe it, even now I feel as if it hasn’t truly hit me that he’s gone. Today I have been pretty much glued to my TV watching his old videos and listening to peoples’ and celebrities’ thoughts on our tragic loss. It’s great to see how many lives he has affected and it’s crazy to realize that without him we wouldn’t have some of the great artist that are present today. He forever changed music and dance and overall what it means to be a performer and an artist, he was also if not the most, one of the most influential humanitarians known to the globe.

I am glad to see that the media circus portion of his life did not over shadow his accomplishments, not once today did I hear about his different allegations, in which I never believed were to be true. I have always been behind Michael 100% and I’m not just saying that and those of you that know me can vouch for that, I’ve always defended him and I have always been disgusted when people would torment and poke fun at him.

Man… I can remember my childhood days where me, my sister and brother would watch his videos and try to imitate his dance moves or when I would want to watch Thriller but I was to scared to watch it alone so I would always find someone to watch it with me. I remember one point in my childhood when my family and I would watch Moonwalker pretty much everyday. I also remember going to Disneyland and watching Captain EO before we would do anything else. (I would like someone to start a petition to bring that back to Disneyland btw!) Even as I got older I always appreciated his music, there is nothing like going on a road trip and bumping Michael Jackson the whole time. And till this day every time “The Jackson’s: An American Dream” is on TV I can never help but watch it. Someone told me that it's going to kinda suck that everyone is going to claim that Michael Jackson is their greatest influence now that he has passed, but I'm alright with that because i believe he truly has been the biggest influence for many people in this world and even while he was alive people always have acknowledged him as so and now in his death more people have come to realize the impact that Michael actually had on their lives. I can go on and on of how important to me Michael was, I could probably fill up a book, but I won’t go into it I’ll just say Michael, you will be forever missed and never forgotten, Thank you for all you have given to this world and may you rest in peace. You will forever remain as “Another Part of Me.”

“If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.” –Michael Jackson

“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” - Michael Jackson


Well that’s all I really wanted to talk about today, I’ll probably talk about everything else some other time. This one was for you MJ!

Till then Ochosa OUT!

-Ruel

1 comment: